View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 08:29 AM
madeinUSA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by Flitestar View Post
Good gawd. Some of you just don't see it, damn!

Guys, majors hiring in the next few years IS NOT the saving grace for 9E pilot group. It's simple math, if guys get picked up by a major and our fleet remains the same then yes, there is movement, but if at the same time you slash the fleet in half you got jack squat!! As of now 9E is scheduled to lose airframes, period.

Doesn't matter how you cut it, based on facts and facts alone, there is no way there can be any good movement for 9E as things stand now.

Now, if you wanna go ahead and guess or speculate about the future and the "carrots" that management and union dangle then have at it.
As things stand now? In the last 6 years there have been so many fleet plan changes both good and bad to even count. So yes, as things stand now Endeavor is not a good choice. Where would you go if you wanted to start an airline career. A good solid regional with low attrition, or a risky Delta experiment for a regional? In hind sight, I should have gone to Great Lakes or Compass 6 years ago, or Go Jet 2 years ago. So if you think the writing on the wall is there for Endeavor than I guess you would be ignoring the constant changes of this industry and how the cheapest regional airlines get contracts. Look how many Delta DCI contracts are up in 2015, and the contingencies placed on most current contracts, not to mention the 30 crj-900 options. My guess is Endeavor closes up in less than 7 years or grows to be around 3,000 pilots. Either way "as it currently stands" doesn't mean anything.