View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Flyhayes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Admiral

If you're like me, and were getting physically angry every time you looked up and saw a jet flying over, don't be afraid to take the chance on getting out. You're worth more, especially if you're a disgruntled regional FO.

The industry never panned out how I hoped it would, and I was tired of being broke. The prospect of getting married this fall and starting a family while commuting put even more stress on me than I wanted. I had to make a change and was fortunate enough to find a position with a large simulator instruction provider.

I now see my "family" every night, work for a company where I feel I have a real chance at advancement. Many of my coworkers have been with the company for 20+ years. All of the managers worked their way up the ladder. It's a refreshing change of pace to be around people that are happy to be at work. Great benefits, and more than doubling my pay are only icing on the cake. For the first time in 6+ years I find myself geeking out over airplanes and am actually considering going flying for fun.

If you're not happy, don't wait. Get out. It was amazing when I was discussing the move with peers that I respect the only comment they would make was "I can't imagine not flying for a living". There's more to life than airplanes. If you're not happy, do what you need to do to be happy.

hehe see what I just did there?