View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 07:39 AM
AlaskaBound
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Just another RJ guy

Originally Posted by Flitestar View Post
Well, thats my point, its not about reading the writing on the wall, its about reading the writing on the paper, written by Delta's own pen and passed on the 9E management. Nobody is guessing anything, its official, and has been communicated to 9E's management. It doesnt get any more official than that. As far as changes down the road regarding the fleet change, well, guess away.

As far as other regionals losing planes too, Id agree. Id stay away from any regionals that have a ton of 50 seaters, just MHO.

"As it currently stands". Well, Im a fan of looking at all the facts before I make a decision... yes, nothing is ever written in stone in this industry, but some are much better indicators of things to come than others, an official fleet plan designed and passed on to 9E by mainline? Yeah, I'll give that good solid specific weight compared to other indicators.

"As it currently stands" provides a basis of current situation, and in this case it projects a possible negative outcome. Yes, other regional's contracts will come up in 2015, that could mean bad news, but as of now there is no definite plan or schedule for each of them, next thing you know, you're back at "guessing" again.

Writing has been on the wall for the last couple of years. Now its on paper, both in the shape of a fleet reduction plan and a concessionary POS contract that 85% of the pilot group was willing to take. Most of FOs (myself included) have raised the anchor and looked elsewhere for employment. Nothing here at 9E for the bottom 2/3 of the FO list, IMHO. Dont even mention the new hires...
Exactly! You get it. Everyone considering interviewing needs to read this post. It's all based on fact and what's been announced. It's worthless to speculate and those that do are playing a dangerous game.