View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 02:30 AM
PotatoChip
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by Warthog37 View Post
Howdy all,

My goal is to fly corporate/charter (preferably king air until a citation, ect.) I have been offered a few opportunities to do the following: fly for my regional favorites, Sun Country or possibly Compass, right seat charter in a king air or 414 depending on future investments.

Since the new regulations for the ATP will be active well before I can obtain hours to fly for a regional.
Hi Warthog,

Sorry, but I am slightly confused. You clearly state you are well below the minimums for the new ATP rules that will be in effect. Okay. Please explain how you have been offered an opportunity to fly a 737 at Sun Country, an airline that isn't even hiring. That doesn't seem remotely possible. And to clarify, Sun Country is not a regional.

As for help, if your goal is to stay in the part 91 world of corporate, I would suggest staying there. In general, and through my personal experience, most corporate departments do not want regional 121 guys in their cockpits. My advice, therefore, would be to network and take what jobs you can in the right seat of a King Air even if you can't log it. Make business cards, keep nice resumes in a nice portfolio, and constantly improve yourself.

Good Luck.