View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Galaxydriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: 757/767 FO

Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
It is never too late. It depends on what we are willing to do to get what we want. Next CBA, we could get the worst contract in the industry or the absolute best contract in the industry...or something in between. It just depends on this pilot group and what we are willing to fight for.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think you will get a majority of the union to go for it. The amount of money available for pay increases is likely a finite amount and we probably do have the ability to influence how it is allocated. The problem is bringing 767 (or 777) pay up to 747 levels will result in a smaller increase for the 747 guys. Seeing as the majority of pilots and the most senior pilots are on the 747 I can't see them sacrificing their pay for more junior crewmembers. It would go against industry history - why did our new hire pay get extended until the end of OE vs 1st flight? -Why are their airlines that still don't pay for hotels during initial training? Because those things are not what the more senior guys are willing to fight for. It might not be a conscious decision but it is the end result.