View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Bumper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Default Truth in hiring/ employer dishonest

I will try and be brief. I was hired to fly a C208 and Citation. In the interview in front of 5 people the CP said I would be flying both C208 and Citation and I would get an SIC type then one year later the PIC type. The CP also explained how much it cost for them to send me to FSI in both planes. I took the job moved 2000 miles and you guessed it... no type rating.

I asked about it and was told it was too expensive by the CP although he knew the cost amd 5 other pilots go to FSI for recurrent. I expressed my frustration with the CP and HR and basically said I was lied to just to get me to take the job and they never had any intention to type me in the Citation. Nothing has been done. I work for a goverment agency, been here two years now and all I do is sit at a desk and have been assigned data entry work and other duties not related to flying. I have to be in the office 40 hours a week even when not scheduled to fly. I feel like the guy on Office Space my office is in the basement and I do have a stapler. Last year I only flew 89 hours. I found out that the CP got a pay raise if he would fly the line too hence I think thats one of the reasons I was never typed.

Has anyone had a similiar experience and if so is there any legal recourse ?If so how did ot work for you ? I have done some looking around and in other jobs people have filed suit based on violation of truth in hiring/being deceptive to get someone to take the job.

Thanks for any input