View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 02:55 PM
aerodarts
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Default practice slow flight

Originally Posted by Brian Z View Post
Today I was up solo getting ready for my PPL practical and I had some issues with the power-on stall. I just could not keep the airplane coordinated. I am training in a 172SP. At 55kts I would add full power and add right rudder to counter the left turn tendancies. It all went well in the beginning, but after a few seconds I could not hold the heading. I cannot recall what way the plane was turning. I do recall that it turned when I had the ball caged, but in straight flight I was uncoodinated. The funny thing is the last few times I did these with my instructor I was within 5* if my initial heading. I tried it three times today and did not get one I would call satisfactory and I was getting frustated. So I let it be so not to ruin the rest of the flight. Any ideas on where I was going wrong?
to develop coordination practice flying at minimum controllable airspeed. Do this with and without flaps and while climbing, decending, straight and level and turns and combinations thereof. Select a visual reference point and do not stare at the heading indicator. Look at your wing tips etc.
Have fun!