View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 06:35 PM
aerodarts
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Smile when an airplane stalls with full power.......

Originally Posted by Brian Z View Post
I did exactly that. I realized I was not getting it right and I had concerns with entering a spin due to being uncoodinated so that is why I stopped doing that maneuver.

Thanks all. I understand the concern with doing maneuvers solo. That lesson was my last one in the before the final check. It was also the only one where the student does stalls solo.

In the previous training I usually did stalls to either N or S magnetic and that is how I was doing them that day. The wind was 140@6 true. With the local 10*E variation I had some crosswind. I think it was a mix of the crosswind and the different CG. I went up with my instructor today to polish up short/soft landings and we did a few power-on stalls and they were perfect with the wind 10* off the nose.

when an airplane stalls with full power.......it is not going to behave docile!
Remember the objective when demostrating a take off and departure stall...... and that is to recongize it and prevent it long before it happens.

Now when it does stall, sometimes it is going to break left or right even if the ball is centered and the wind is on the nose, and when it does, just stick to the procedure you have been taught to recover and you are not going to end up spinning into the ground. The stall spin accident happens when a pilot is not aware of what is getting ready to occur and they are low and slow and do not have enough altitude to recover.....The key is not to become distracted and learn the cues long before the stall ever happens.....