View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 04:57 AM
REVERTEDRUBBER
On the brakes

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Desk

Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
I will try and be brief. I was hired to fly a C208 and Citation. In the interview in front of 5 people the CP said I would be flying both C208 and Citation and I would get an SIC type then one year later the PIC type. The CP also explained how much it cost for them to send me to FSI in both planes. I took the job moved 2000 miles and you guessed it... no type rating.

I asked about it and was told it was too expensive by the CP although he knew the cost amd 5 other pilots go to FSI for recurrent. I expressed my frustration with the CP and HR and basically said I was lied to just to get me to take the job and they never had any intention to type me in the Citation. Nothing has been done. I work for a goverment agency, been here two years now and all I do is sit at a desk and have been assigned data entry work and other duties not related to flying. I have to be in the office 40 hours a week even when not scheduled to fly. I feel like the guy on Office Space my office is in the basement and I do have a stapler. Last year I only flew 89 hours. I found out that the CP got a pay raise if he would fly the line too hence I think thats one of the reasons I was never typed.

Has anyone had a similiar experience and if so is there any legal recourse ?If so how did ot work for you ? I have done some looking around and in other jobs people have filed suit based on violation of truth in hiring/being deceptive to get someone to take the job.

Thanks for any input
State governments have an Executive Inspector General's Office. Go to them, and they should handle your issue confidentially from the top down.