BaronVnLawndart , 04-23-2007 02:02 PM
On Reserve
BaronVnLawndart
On Reserve
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2007
Spartan07 - Words of advice for ya:

1. Make FRIENDS with Christina in Financial Aid & Nancy in Admin & Records. Both are at the flight campus and they'll both save you from a lotta headaches if you're on their good side.

2. Don't be afraid to shop around for instructors. The student/Instructor relationship is super-important & when I was at Spartan there were 60+ instructors so be choosey. You're not gonna hurt anyones feelings but you do need to get the best possible instruction you can.

3. Look into both Nan & Jennifer across the parking lot at Christiansen Jet Center when it's Checkride time. They're the two absolute best DPE's you could ever find.

4. Don't buy into too many of the rumors and/or gossip ya hear. The front porch at Spartan is full of kids who love to hear themselves talk. We used to joke around and say they were giving each other Type Ratings out there. I'm sure all flight schools are like that.

5. Keep motivated (<-- I know easier said than done) You're military though (I was too) & you should know all about having/finding the means and direction to get the job done. Self-Motivation is big. If there's no doubt in your mind that you'll do whatever it takes to make it through then you'll do exactly that.

6. **Most Important** Do a lot of cross countries to Ponca City & eat enchiladas at Enrique's

7. **Most Most Important** Have FUN! That place was full of great people and good times when I was there.