Thread: Age Limit
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 09:29 AM
RampFlyer
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: The ramp

Hello all,

I am 31yrs old with a Commercial ASEL, AMEL, Instrument rated with about 370 TT, and 42 total ME. I have read in previous posts in this thread that I could possibly get a waiver to be accepted to UPT at my age. However, during the start of my flight training(which was 10yrs ago) I was unable to pass the color blind test when I went to get my medical and so a restriction was placed upon it. In order for me to have it removed an FAA agent and myself stood at one end of the field from the control tower so the controller could flash red, white, and green lights at me and all i had to do was tell the agent what the colors were. I passed the test and the FAA issued me a SODA (Statement of Demonstrated Ability) saying that I was waived from taking the color blind test each time I went to renew my medical.

So, my question is if I applied and was accepted and I went to the flight Dr. for a physical and just so happened to pass the color blind (which I am told has been the same test used for years) would the SODA be an issue as far as a flight surgeon passing me? I hope i made some sense asking this question. I am just curious if a military career can still be a possibility for me. In the mean time I am currently working on my CFI and going from there.

I appreciate any thoughts or advice from you all.