View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 09:50 AM
Climbto450
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320 F.O.

Originally Posted by benzoate View Post
I hate to disagree with you but 5 of the 7 silo representatives I know personally. None are out for a power grab because, in reality, there is no power to be had. They get no benefit from the PVC. Constant phone calls and emails, constant employment threats from management, little or no progress and spending much of their time in JFK dealing with Skinner. These pilots are all senior enough to hold decent lines at their respective bases. The one hold over from the previous PVC you could make that argument but that SOB is so greedy the pilot has actually become useful.

You are correct in the committee comment. My apologies. The PVC vetted the majority of candidates to ensure PRO-PILOT(not pro-union) majorities are represented. This is a large reason the pilots have received the truth and facts from committees. We must all keep in mind that each of these committees is truly powerless.

Interestingly FedEx management set up a similar committee structure for their pilot group. Ultimately they saw the value of unionization.
Okay fair enough. We will have to disagree on their motivations as we have different perspectives and experiences with these individuals on this PVC as mine have not been the same as yours. If you can't see the power grab that will happen once we unionize then once again different perspectives.
As for the committee members these nominees where 100% politcal appointees and most of those last individuals where put on these committees because of their past with either membership of or support of the PVC not because they have a valid to good understanding of the topics they will be handling. The hotel committee nominee hasn't done an overnight in over 2 years other then training and PVC issues. The only thing that makes him qualified for that position is his support of the PVC not anything else. I can go on about the other ones but I think you get my perspective.
As for the the FEDEX issue I completly agree with you on the merrits of unionizing.