View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 06:55 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation Yep, I'm a gamer for sure

Sorry for the thread drift, Grease, but yes I am definitely a gamer. Back in my 3 man crew days, we would buddy bid to get on the same trip to get on one of the 24 or 36 hour layover lines, typical in 121 cargo, and carry our Xboxes with us to LAN battle it out over our layover on Halo, then Halo 2 through adjoining rooms. I know, pretty pathetic to some, compared to the bar hopping, houses of ill repute visiting, etc. that we were supposed to be doing as airline pilots.

Now, as a Dad, and husband, I don't play near as much as I'd like to, but I am still addicted to 7 year-old Halo 3, where I'm a 41 out of 50. I also like all the COD:MW's and I'm a 72 on MW3.

Now, back to the EAS thread.. Here is some more info about Astro: The Optimal Path In what should be particularly scary to EAS Pilots is their only mention of one of their biggest former customers and supporters, Avantair in their advertisement for Astro..: "When fractional operator AvantAir, which has since suspended operations, cut its fleet to 24 aircraft from 54, it only reduced revenue flights 10%, he says, by using the optimization engine to work aircraft harder and minimize dead-head flights." A friend of mine from Flight Safety told me that several former VNR folks now at EAS have expressed severe concerns about Astro to the highest levels of EAS Management. If you guys have the power to fight this, you'd better fight it now. Or, at least, request for a better schedule closer to 7/7 or 8/6, where getting A$$-tro'd for 6-8 legs every day won't be so painfully fatiguing.

Good luck all!