View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 01:55 PM
crjav8er
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Soon to be Ex Dash-Trash

Originally Posted by Seattle1 View Post
Commuting and being away from friends and family (especially the fiance) is tough (DEN to SEA). When I first started looking for jobs, the quickest upgrade to get to the majors was all I could think about, but now I feel like being home as much as possible and QOL are key with a fiance and then kids someday. A couple questions for Horizon pilots........
How tough is it to be based out of Seattle?
How many nights are you at home throughout reserve as an FO as well as your first couple of years holding a line?
How many days off do you typically get a month on reserve and also how many off do you average once you can hold a line?

Thanks for the input!
Currently there is very little hiring going on right now. The training department is flooded with trying to get all the Q200 pilots differences training for the Q400s. If you do get hired and are awarded the RJ, you will not get a SEA base. The Q400 will be the only airplane based in SEA (in the near future at least).

Reserve is guaranteed 12 days off in a 35 day bid. Our reserves can be brutalized at times, due to some weak contract language (in the process of being improved).

Lines can vary from 13 to 22 days off a bid. 15 to 16 is the average. 22 is for senior jet crews. If you want to be home every night just bid airport reserve. It is boring but you rarely go on overnights.