View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 11:41 AM
krudawg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: 747 Captain, retired

Originally Posted by Snarge View Post
So the company has admitted that the hat brass is flawed, with 'horns' sticking up... the pins can't be secured once pushed through the hat material.....

I was told there was a pilot (CAL ) who posted a video on how to 'fix' the company's blunder with a power drill. UFB.

By wearing the hat you are telling the company that you accept their failures, and it doesn't matter. That they can provide substandard products and the pilots are indifferent.... Nice precedent....

(side note: personally I like the hat for the image, wish we could wear it, but not under these terms....)

Guys, this isn't hard.....
Well, I hate hats! Everybody wore hats when they went outdoors, but that was the way it was until the 60's and now it's rare to see anyone wearing a hat. They are out of style, unless you like gangsta rappers. BUT, as long as I receive a paycheck from United Airlines, I will wear their stupid hat. Heck, I really dislike those stupid broad strips we are forced to wear, I feel like I'm a doorman at some exclusive hotel. Hope someday we go back to the very stylish and understated stripes that were on the old sUal uniforms.