Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Slats
Banned

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by Fecking EJet View Post
What chance of ORD straight out of training? Do all Skywest pilots get travel benefits on all mainline partners? Is ORD just a 200 & 700 base? I'm at XJT right now and am seriously scoping out my options as the writing appears to be on the wall here. What's the trip mix like? Plenty of alternatives to four days, or do you have to plan on being away constantly? Sorry for all the questions, it's a very stressful time right now, and I've been trying to make the right choice for my family and I for a long time. It seems crunch time is finally drawing near.
I can sympathize with you. If you don't have much invested with XJT and feel it's a move you need to make then do so.

ORD, is still junior. Guys are getting sprinkled all over the system but the last class was primarily Den and I think a couple went to Ord. Just like Den, Ord isn't hard to get once on line.
Ord is a 200/700 domicile. You get travel Bennies on Delta, United. Airways and Alaska are dependent on base.

Trip mix is good. You'll end up on the west coast in both 200/700 the 700 has naturally longer legs, the 200 you tend to hop around a little more. Flying all CRJ variants, makes a good mix of flying. Initially you'll be on reserve with either RE1 4am-4pm or Re2 9am-9pm and once you can hold Long Call Reserve, 12hr callout your QOL will improve.
It's a tough decision, do what you think is best and don't look back. Good Luck