Old 01-14-2014, 07:35 AM
Macjet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Airplanes

Originally Posted by MiGBoy View Post
Number of Pilots at EAS: 90

Compared to -

Number of Pilots at FlexJet: 460 (Active, per this website)
Number of Pilots at NetJets: 2715 (Active, per this website)

I believe that you need to be realistic when it comes to company size and growth. The pay and schedule will improve and become more on par with these comparables when the financial and staffing structures will allow. Comparing such a smaller regional-based company with operations the size of FlexJet and NetJets is in my opinion, a very distant comparison. A simple matter of business.

As we grow and improve, so will the pay and schedule.
FWIW: NetJets currently has 2,491 active pilots per the Dec 2013 Seniority List.

You might have a point. But does it cost EAS more to operate a 560 or 505 than anyone else whether it's a 91k, 91, or 135 operator? Is your fuel more? Catering? Hotels? MX? Does anyone else work a 12/3 schedule only knowing three days in the future with the wife asking ***?

I used to fly for a so-so 135 in Lears and understand that 135 isn't 91K or 91. But we didn't do anything near what you're doing. We were either 14/14 or 7/7. I know the market paradigm has shifted but 12/3 is crap brother. Not matter how you look at it. Your wife/husband and kids deserve better. YOU deserve better. EAS didn't show up last week. They've been around and obviously know how little some pilots are willing to work for.

I hope your lot DOES improve. We're all in this aviation pool together and we all need a livable salary and time with the family. I know several of your people, former and current. Good folks. I'm sure everyone else is as well. But please don't make excuses for this operator. Demand the schedule and salary that your professional skill set commands.

Good luck and fly safe.