View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 06:23 AM
Wiskey Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007

Originally Posted by ackattacker View Post
Not going to try to predict where this goes, but I have a feeling that the single carrier petition faces an uphill battle so long as the seniority issue is such a big unknown.

Delta-Northwest got single carrier very quickly, but both sides where ALPA already governed by ALPA merger policy, and had already agreed to a SLI integration framework. And the Delta-Northwest merger happened very quickly from an operational standpoint.

United-Continental similarly where both ALPA, had an agreed upon ALPA SLI process and framework in place. ALPA filed single carrier in October 2010 and it was granted in November 2011... over a year later.

Point is, you can file whenever you want, doesn't mean the NMB is going to respond right away. If you read the rulings you see that the NMB needs to see quite a bit of combined operations in order to make their finding, and they do look at the SLI process. If there is a lack of agreed upon framework and clear cut picture who's on the integration committees, I doubt they will approve quickly.
One thing has nothing to do with the other. The single carrier status is for the entire business and its a proven fact that one company can control while 2 groups operate independently. The NMB will grant single carrier status in short order as they did when he BOUGHT usair out of BK. Douglas has already started that by selling tickets on both carriers and they are in the process of moving a/c around on the AA side for better fleet utilization. In essence the frame work you mention is already there, its called the MB!

We have not had a REAL UNION here since usapa stole everything and called the arbitrator a senile old fool. I hope you realize that arbitrators are from a very small class and that George was among their senior members. Karma is one hell of a thing and while the east has been successful in skirting their obligations I am sure the MB process will right much of this. DCA 321FO this will be your position for many many years so get use to it. Now join me in showing usapa the damn door with a bootprint of Dr. Martin on their ass ends!

WD at AWA

Last edited by Wiskey Driver; 01-16-2014 at 06:37 AM.