View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 02:57 PM
nopac6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by Really View Post
Did you proof-read?
You got me on that but I'm not talking about typos. Everybody mistakenly uses "their" instead of "they're" from time to time. I'm talking about the mangling of the language by a guy who's obviously been living in this ENGLISH-SPEAKING country long enough to have gotten a job as a freaking airline pilot. A job where communication with other pilots and controllers is absolutely vital to safety. I've flown with guys like this and it's a huge degradation of safety to have to ask them to repeat half of what they say.

Anybody who comes to this country in search of opportunity has my respect. People who have learned to speak a second or third language have my respect. But airline pilots whose first language isn't English should be held to a higher standard than the average landscaper or house maid.

Jetlink clearly has the skills, he just doesn't always choose to make the effort to use them. People posting their opinions on a public board in a language that isn't their first language should proofread their stuff more carefully than those using their first language. Or not.

Last edited by nopac6; 01-16-2014 at 03:22 PM.