View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Wiskey Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007

Originally Posted by R57 relay View Post
What did I say about ALPA? But, their f'ed up merger policy planted the seeds of the Nicolau award. If there wasn't anything wrong with it why did ALPA change it's merger policy? Why is a panel of 3 arbitrators now standard? Deep down you know it was a mess.
Ok what is so different?? Prior you had an arbitrator and two pilot neutrals now you just pay 3 times the rate for 3 arbitrators which is basically the same make up. The difference being that there was this feeling of obligation by the neutral to side with the pilot group that picked them regardless of if the position was right or wrong.

I know that you know the ALPA merger policy was in part due to usair and part UAL. In fact your Kim Snider was directly involved in memory serves me correctly. There is rich history of us east doing that which benefits them the most and be damned everyone else. The east screams DOH but when one group WITHIN usair east claims they are due DOH if this is your new policy the original easties say no way its slotting. The east talks out of both sides of their necks depending on which benefits them the most at the time and expense of others.

WD at AWA