View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 12:25 PM
wiggy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: A330 capt

Originally Posted by R57 relay View Post
As I read, and voted yes for, the MOU calls for the abandonment of both the Nicolau award and USAPA's east/west DOH SL. I think the APA and USAPA should go into the room with 3 lists-the AA list, the east list and the west list. Then propose methods for combining all 3.

I don't have a problem with west representation and they have it with west members on the USAPA merger committee. I doubt that the USAPA merger committee will propose the method I would. Should I get separate representation? Why is the west different?

Why should a LLC be able to form a merger committee?
I don't think the technical language of the MOU supports either the claim of abandonment of the Nic or the DOH proposal..."Seniority neutral" to me means "proposed and/or actually awarded, via the Nic...seniority regimes are not addressed" and does not mean "all seniority regimes including those proposed and awarded... are abandoned, or moot". Clearly the west didn't give up their right to pursue the Nic with that language....the language in fact states, IIRC that voting for the MOU should not be considered as abandoning implementation of the Nic. If there is a 3-way...the minute USAPA proposes DOH or LOS (a regime that was theoretically "abandoned" with the MOU) then the West should have the right to present the Nic....which brings up another proposal....why not present 4 lists...include the Nic...make the arbitrators earn their money.