Thread: Compass updates
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 04:00 PM
JungleBus
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: B737 CA

Originally Posted by cfiguy11 View Post
I came from Comair and it is night and day. At Comair there was just a pure hatred on each side of the fence toward the other. While i will say the attitude toward management (MW specifically) has taken a slight turn south since TSH took over, it is still better than I ever experienced at Comair. The majority of the pilots here are happy to be here and it really shows in the day to day line pilot life. Not that this is a career job by any stretch but there are plenty of worse places to be at right now. This is more of a refugee camp for furloughees and pilots from defunct airlines. Everyone is here to get there time and move on and with all of the movement, everyone is pretty happy. Ive been here almost 4 years and don't really have any complaints.

Hope this helps.
Yeah, that's a pretty good description. Even the hate for MW is mostly for fun ever since he backed down from the seniority dispute... I learn so many hilarious factoids about him and his predilections for goats & llamas every day...

The fact is that the chief pilots have steadily improved since I came here over 6 yrs ago. We now have three of the best I've worked under, that helps morale a lot. So does the fact that pretty much everyone who works here has a lot of friends in far worse positions. People still biatch but it's mostly the people who enjoy biatching because...well...what else are you gonna do on a 4 hour cruise to YVR .