View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 09:01 PM
FlyBoyd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: FDX 767 FO

Originally Posted by T45Heinous View Post
Well, I did say that I "checked into it a bit"...and I did Google it, but most conversations were regarding P-3 types or AF and if they were in the cockpit...and from what I read, I still did have a question.....
but instead of answering my question that was addressed to Navy or Marines or just ignore it, you took more time to "throw me a bone." Why?
Only because "checked into it a bit" comes across as no effort. My answer was more along the lines of the "teach a man to fish" mentality as you will need to know the definitions in order to discuss your logbook with your potential employer. I know you would agree that referencing the FARs in the discussion would be better than referencing an APC post. So the "bone" got you the right info.

As Master pointed out, different organizations want different times but most of the ones you will be looking at only care about Part 1 PIC.

The tough part is making all your times add up. The dual received Grumble speaks about is key for guys with your background.

Sorry if I came across wrong in my earlier post. I haven't forgotten what it's like to be on your side of the fence. A year and a half ago I was scouring these boards looking for answers too.