View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Junglejett
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Having done all that plus AR 95-20, I know what works for me and my family, and what makes me happy as a pilot...and the part 121 world is simply not part of the equation.

I learned when I was still very young in aviation not chase money or a bigger airplane, both do not automatically lead to happiness. What I do not is extremely satisfying personally and I make a very good living (six figures), work 4 months out of the year, and am home based...and I fly a large turboprop. I fly in cargo pants and a t-shirt, never call crew scheduling (we don't have one), have spoken to the CP once, upgraded in about 90 days, fly with some very experienced crew (mostly former military) and the flying I do saves lives. So yeah...I have it pretty good.

I do not have hundreds of post on here and in fact, rarely come on here. I do not base ANY of my opinions on what I read here. Like most professional pilots, I know plenty who have done EVERY sort of flying and the large majority of guys I know at the legacies, do not enjoy it. I do not need to "test the waters" to see if I will like it. I was in the waters...and did not like it.

Originally Posted by kingairfun View Post
I agree, it just amuses me when someone who hasn't done the "other" type of flying, or is basing his belief on flying former 121 regional, tells stories about how much better his sector of the industry is....

When I worked at a small 135 turbo prop operation not too long ago, we had a few newer pilots who would bash 121.. for no other reason than what they read on FI.com or from some disgruntled regional pilot...

All types of flying offer the employee some qualities they enjoy.

I have done a wide variety of flying to support my family (not just when I was 21 and single) ( small regional, large regional, 135jet, fractional, 91jet, 135turbo prop, Legacy 121 widebody international) For me I know what each offers interms of QOL.