View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 07:18 PM
HappyCrew
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by 727CA View Post
I'm not specifically talking about MAC, Air Tahoma, or any other airline specifically, but most of these airlines are cut from the same cloth. You're right, all airlines have problems, but these freight airlines on the lower end of the scale have more problems than your FedEx's or UPS's, and they're more likely to want you to fly broken airplanes.
I have never illegally flown broken airplanes for the sake of helping the company. Of course, the majority of mtc items can be written up and deferred on the ground and flown legally. However if the broken item is not deferrable, then it's hard broke and the company better launch the standby aircraft. For this reason, I was not very popular with mgmt at my company.
One of my last airlines (no longer operating) had the habit of self disclosing to the feds. If you were broken down somewhere, maintenance control would call the capt. on an unrecorded phone line and strongarm the crew into getting the plane back to base, then disclose to the feds that the crew flew a broken plane.
I would talk to as many pilots as you can who fly at this company and find out how they operate. Ask line pilots, not mgmt LOL.
I can think of one or two cargo airlines in Alaska that are known for pressuring crew members to fly shady equipment.