Old 01-21-2014, 10:54 PM
PurpleTail
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by dixieclipper View Post
Do FDX pilots have their own private union forum?

Just wondering; as it seems they have many "corporate knowledge" type posts here on APC that don't relate/transfer to the average cargo pilot.

Does FDX have a strong Union?

Will FDX be hiring many pilots in the future due to growth or retirements?

What is the typical FDX new hire background (i.e. MIL/CIV)

Thanks in Advance for any insights/replies...
This is the quickest and most convenient forum. Union is solid with lots of support.

Not any hiring expected over the next 12-18 months. If so it will be due to retirements as growth is stalling out nearly worldwide.

During recessionary times hiring favored military pilots but during the dot com boom and growth period quite a few civilians were hired. I'd guess company wide the ratio is at least 60/40 prior military if not slightly more.

We have been in a stagnation period for some time now (4-5 years) and I don't know how that is going to change any time soon. We are getting close (fingers crossed) to a new employment contract and depending on any retirement changes may prompt some guys to bail out now but who knows.

Happy to be here and not complaining but I expected to make captain by now after 12.5 yrs on property. Could have overseas at one of our foreign domiciles but wasn't an option w kids.

Hope this helped and good luck!