Old 04-27-2007, 04:29 PM
belliott
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Back in school.

I don't hold a regional job so I don't want to step on any toes.... but I was recently hired by an unmentioned company to fly weather modification. I have done a weather mod internship in the past and loved every second of it. Now, as a PIC making the "big bucks" I cannot say that I don't love it even more. I don't fly an rj... don't make near to what can be made a decent regional but I enjoy what I do because I am young, single, and have had the sh!t scared out of me enough (well... thats another whole story). All in all I am just thankful that I don't have to flight instruct or banner tow or be a diver driver this summer. Not to start another flame bait argument but I personally think that flying wx mod for a summer is just as important/beneficial as flight instructing.... and so.... I hope to apply what lessons I will learn in hopes of getting hired by expressjet, asa, or any of the multitude of different regionals.

I think I can understand where SkyHigh is coming from but I will say, with all due respect of course, that although he has been beaten down in the past by various companies I don't appreciate the fact that his posts have a negative twist to them. I accept the fact that he didn't like the environment but why spread this sense of hate/disappointment to others?

Just a thought kids.....