View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Aviator89
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

By the way, if you go to MSN, they do offer fast track training if you ask for it, and im sure KRYV would too. Just get on with a CFI who has open blocks (most likely MSN since they have more CFI's, some that are currently airline/cargo so they can do every other week or just weekends) and schedule it out to infinity, trust me we like it better like that since its a predictable schedule.
I did my IFR in 46 days 2-3 flights a week while working part time. And thats not even considered fast.
They do not charge for cancelled lessons due to weather or maintenance stuff. Usually they take that opportunity and turn it into a good ground or sim sesh.
Also, most the guys who get their training through CFI done there, have a job at the end. It pays per instructing hour so no pay guarantee, but its a perfect start to build hours. And not a bad hourly rate for a 250 hour pilot either. It took me a few months to get my client base built up, but I was flyin 20-30 a week at one point within 4 months of starting. The CFI's also do the city tours, photo flights so you will have some flights pretty much right away.

From my personal experience at those national flight schools. (pick 3 capital letters, yup. that one...) Wisconsin Aviation was 10x better IMO. that flight school that did my quick add on CFI's just was kinda like "lets go fly, okay take your checkride, you better pass. Thanks for 7k$, seeya!" No real instruction, and NOT worth the extra dough.