View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:06 AM
socal163
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Default Background Check

I'm at a regional now, but have a question regarding background checks at major airlines, wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this...

About ten years ago I was assaulted by a drunk on the street, long-story- short he jumped me from behind and he ended up on the ground with broken bones. Cops came, and I didn't want to press any charges, so that was it for a year. 364 days later, the guy sues me. By the time I found out about it, it was too late to push for any criminal charges against this clown (1 year statute of lims). Anyway my insurance company made the guy go away, but the record of the lawsuit is still in the county system. The write up from the other guys lawyer is pure fiction, but of course he claims that I was the instigator, and he was an innocent victim, etc, etc. If you just read the depositions, it's his word vs. mine.

I'm squeeky clean, reserve officer with security clearance, no criminal record of course. Is this something that a major is likely to look for and find on a background check, and how would they handle it? Is this something I should bring up at an interview and try to pre-empt? Any input appreciated...