View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Aviator89
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Originally Posted by TheWeatherman View Post
Aviator89, thanks for your reply. I didn't think I would find anybody on here who actually trained there. I would prefer to do the training at the Watertown facility because it is 25 miles closer. I sent them an email asking for info a couple days ago, but haven't received a response. I would like to get in contact with a representative to find out more info. I'm not sure how to PM you, I tried looking in your profile and didn't see the link. Maybe I don't have permissions to do that yet?
Once you have 5 posts, and are past the probationary period on APC you can PM people, I cant PM you either yet. it might be a week or two.
Anyway, call 608-268-5000 or (800) 594-5359 (KMSN FBO front desk) and ask for Gustav for info on GI bill 141 flight school program, and they will transfer you. He has alot of students and isnt at his desk all day so be prepared for a voicemail. Could even ask the front desk for his cell, but im not sure if they give it out. There may be someone at Watertown that can answer your questions but like i said he started the 141 program there and knows more about it than anyone else. If you want to fly at RYV he will then hook you up with there flight school once you have the 141 info. From what understand, the PPL is considered recreational and so the GI bill does not cover it, but Instrument, commercial I believe yes, but not sure as to what percentage. As for Multi Engine and CFI im not sure since technically speaking you could be a single engine commercial pilot. But of course you need multi and CFI to really be quickly marketable. Just depends on the what the laws state for 141/gi combo.
If he doesnt get back to you in a week or so after the voicemail, and you can PM me, pm me you name and phone number and Ill call him personally for you. he has quite a few calls like this per day so the call back list is quite long. By no means does that mean he is not interested. Just hard to keep 20+ phonecalls a day straight with flying all day. Good luck! Keep in touch!
heck, if i get a job at a regional; I may be back part time in the madison area if you need a CFI to fill in open space on your schedule when Im in town.