View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 06:34 AM
Captain Tony
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010

Originally Posted by JungleBus View Post
You're telling me that every single member of the ALPA BOD is in lockstep with Moak and, if they vote him out, will replace him with someone who believes in the same philosophy? If that were true, I would say the vast majority of airline pilots must believe the same way, since they obviously only elect reps who believe the same way. In which case ALPA or non-ALPA wouldn't make any difference whatsoever.
Every ALPA president since Babbitt and after has been the same. Moak however has been particularly bad (what do you expect when you elect an ex-mil DAL pilot?). So I have zero confidence that the BOD will see the light. As a BOD member who has voted in two elections, I'm here to tell you that unless you've been in the plenary session and ran the hospitality suites, you have no idea what the politics are like. It's usually a choice between several equally qualified, and equally bad candidates. and I'm still proud to say I voted for Woerth over Prater, who really sent this association on its downhill slide... Moak only turned the skid in his group's direction.