View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Aviator89
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Originally Posted by TheWeatherman View Post
Thanks Aviator, you bring up some great points and I have a lot to think about.
Sure, no problem. I should clarify my comment about my experience at the pilot mill. I was doing a CFII and MEI add on course, and so there was some expectation of pre requiste knowldege. In plain english, I was nit given ground instruction. I just flew, practiced the checkride over and over again, brief review of the oral portion fo the check rides then got signed off. All well and good if thats what you want. Personally for 6k in 6 days I expected some teaching, and at least some enthusiasm. Maybe I got a burnt our CFI like I said, but when I flew with a different guy he was very fun and instructional.
But the cost at least at the one I went to (now 69K for 0 time to 250 ish hours CFI/CFII/MEI) is much higher than an FBO. But they also provide 100 Multi engine. I only had 33 after I got my MEI. So thats one reason it cost more.
Anyway, Im glad to help you out, hope WI AV serves you well whether you go there or not.
Keep you head up when you feel like maybe this isnt for you. Everyone has been there. I have been there, but then i think to myself what else would I rather spend my time doing? And I feel better. haha