View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 11:22 PM
FNG320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: A320 FO
Unhappy

Originally Posted by jetblue320
That's twice you have said this same quote. I would really like to know who it was that told you this? If you would rather keep it anonymous, PM me. But I seriously doubt that anyone of authority told you this directly. Please prove me wrong and if it was just something you saw on a website, or grumblings from the few disgruntled ones we have, well, consider the source.

C yaaa
I personally heard Al Spain say in recurrent training in the Winter of 03/04 in sresponse to the questions about a pay raise. To paraphrase his answer....."There is no reason to give you all a pay raise. We have 6000 applications online of pilots who what to work here." Most of us in that recurrent class to it to mean......"We are not going to give you a raise. If you don't like it here, you can leave" .....In addition he got rather upset with all of the questions conerning pay raise, SWA, benefits, etc. However, too much of this atttitue can result in "Take it or leave it....I'll raise you one UNION and call....." Again, not what we want, but a really bad attitude from management. Recently, I have also talked to other pilots who have gone to recurrent and they also have it from Al Spain, and even from David Neeleman within the last 6 months. It has been said, and defintely is not good. Starts to make the values a one way street. Good for us, but not for management. Where's the CARING value?

Just my opinion....

FNG