View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Nextlife
Slowing to holding speed

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: middle seat

Originally Posted by MikeF16 View Post
This is cut and pasted from the SWA application site:

"**PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls. For military personnel, Southwest Airlines will allow flight time logged as "Pilot in Command" (PIC) only if you are the Captain/Aircraft Commander, Evaluator, or Instructor Pilot. Primary time will only be considered PIC on a specific aircraft after an individual upgrades to Aircraft Commander n the appropriate aircraft. Time logged as "Other Time" will not be considered."

Because SWA only has categories for PIC, SIC, and IP any student time does not get counted. It's likely there are others but I've got so many apps in I'm not going to double check every single one.
I haven't applied, so haven't seen the application site, but the SWA website lists "Total Time" mins, then seperately lists the above PIC definition. Does the app use the same "not simply sole manipulator of the controls" along with PIC, SIC, IP wording to define total time as well? As a late rated fighter guy and having gone through CCIP in every squadron I've been in, dropping 250 hours of turbine time (UPT+IFF) hurts. Using that definition, you can have a COMM AMEL rating with zero hours countable towards SWA. (I know you wouldn't apply to any airline at that point, but it highlights the hour hit). But, if it's your company, you can set any rules you want.