View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 08:52 AM
JetJocF14
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: B-777 Captain

Its all a crap shoot. If you fly a flight plan using their numbers and nothing bad happens then FDX wins and with each flight profits goes a little higher. Woah to the guy that plans to arrive at Mem with 18K and NQA as your alternate and landing 18 with a 30 mile final. NiteFly84 is just another perfect example were IMO the company is out to lunch. Sure if I'm bringing jet in on a sunday morning and all is clear and there is no sort than maybe.

Had a LCA give me the party line because I added gas going into OSK on a clear day yet I had not been there in several months. Had to do a little holding and whala needed the gas.

Every captain does it a little different but I like to look at the FAT and subtract 5000 pounds for a go-around. Then take that number and subtract your alternate fuel to see what you'll have on the deck at your alternate. Lots of times it works out to something near 10K at NQA. Is that really what you want to do?

It's simple mathmathitics coupled with 35 years of experience. Let me fly the jet,,,,, and management can worry about wheather my shoes are shined or not..................