View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 10:10 AM
ghilis101
La Familia Delta

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B-717 FO / C-17 AC

Originally Posted by Chris99 View Post
Like crewdawg said, solo time in UPT can be counted as PIC. Someone had to be PIC of those flights!
Here's my guide to logging time, that has never given me problems. This is the most conservative way to log mil time IMO:

1)if you signed for it, you are PIC. If you were solo in UPT you are obviously PIC

2)check your SARMS printout, there's no way to track when you were the PIC (when you were coded as MP or above) so its all honor system. I think the airlines recognize that once you're an MP, you can log 90+% your time thereafter as PIC.

3)PRI/SEC time don't exist in the FAA's mind. Use total duration of the flight, you were either PIC for the duration, or you weren't. (IP time is different, but as an IP, you are PIC for the duration, and possibly IP for less than duration). If you were SIC on that flight as a Copilot coded or FP coded, see #4

4) OTHER time- If you really want the easy way to defend your logbook, take ALL of your OTHER time prior to AC upgrade, and throw it out. That's right, take it all out. Then, after AC upgrade, your OTHER time will be PIC time when youre the PIC of the flight, because youre still responsible for the aircraft when youre in the bunk. This is valid for the FAA (When I'm PIC on a 12 hour airline flight, I can only legally be in the seat for 8 hours, but even when i'm on my 4 hour break, im still the PIC of the aircraft).