View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 03:16 PM
YourFnout
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012

Originally Posted by kingairip View Post
quote:

Originally posted by eaglefly

i don't think it's in apa's best interest to screw anyone. They know that at some point everyone will be under their representational umbrella and if they go out of their way to screw large numbers of future members like the entire west, they just weaken themselves in the long run, at least i would hope they understand that.

I could introduce you to a couple of twa pilots that would disagree with you. Sat a jumpseat on an american flight...the first thing the captain told me was that they weren't american pilots, they were twa pilots. Both fellas spent the next 3 hours explaining to me how apa abused them during their integration. They were both, obviously, very bitter about how they perceived they were treated. What has it been 13+ years now since that integration? So, please don't act like the apa rides around on white horses and are only interested in truth, justice and fairness.

To be fair, i have friends at aa that say the twa guys made out like bandits, etc, etc. Who knows who is right. Guess that depends on where you sit. I do know this, though. Apa is going to do everything in their power to make sure their senior guys are as advantaged as possible. The usapa east guys will do the same for the east senior folks (not the third listers) and the usapa west representatives will do the same for the west folk. The usapa third listers won't have anyone fighting for them. The only thing a third lister has going for them is that, as my aa friends tell me, the apa couldn't care less about their junior guys...so we have that going for us.
"which is nice"