View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 08:06 AM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Jetnfast View Post
I disagree with you on this point, Beale, Whiteman, Holloman and other bases that utilize the T-38 as a companion trainer log T-38 SIC time. Pilots that aren't IP's receive an initial qual check and rating as an FP. Wen two FP's fly together they both cant log PIC so it's split between Pri and Sec. Depending on the formula used to convert time from Pri/Sec to PIC/SIC, part of the SEC time is converted to SIC.
Originally Posted by Jetnfast View Post
If that's the case, how should secondary time be logged or converted for FAA/airline log book purposes if flying with two FP's? I would think the front seater would be the "AC" or PIC equivalent, and the back seater logging SIC. The back seater who is qualified in the airplane does not log "other" time.
Actually that's exactly how I have logged back seat time. Any time I'm in the back seat of the D-model, I log it as other. Other time counts for nothing for the airlines, I just like having the record of it. I log it as other and Total time in my personal military logbook, but subtract it out when I apply for airlines.

Originally Posted by Spur View Post
I know that I lost a bit of time when applying to FedEx (Dual IPs in T-37), but I didn't want to have to explain to the dude across the table why I logged SIC in a single pilot aircraft. FedEx was pretty clear on how to count flight time.
In that scenario, why didn't one of you log PRI and the other IP?