Thread: Eagle AIP
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 02:56 PM
pagey
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Left

Originally Posted by seafeye View Post
I think many people saw the last one as a mistake from our MEC. He lied straight up. Doubt it will happen again. But.....

I would gladly limit all pay for pilots to year 12. All the senior pilots that threw us under the bus... well karma is a...
What did they lie about? Serious question. Everything they said would happen, has, right? I'm not trying to be a richard.

Let me ask you this:

Would you give up the SAP and our critical pay language(even in its current, less effective state) in exchange for what we gave up? I'm pretty sure if giving away the SAP was the term for the acft and we accepted that deal no one on here would be talking about PSA the way they do(brownstreak) when in reality, especially for FOs, it is a bigger money maker for the pilots than the 2 dollars an hour we gave up going from a 6 year scale to a 4. Now the 10 or so dollar loss on the captain side going from 18 to 12 would be a little harder to recoup, but I think it is possible especially under the red/green version of the critical language. Even if you fall a couple bucks an hour short on average the QoL from the SAP for me is worth it.

So, what do you think?

Again I ask this because if the SAP was what we gave up no one would've even heard about it most likely because its just simply not as visible as the pay rate caps, but is a far more important part of our contract.