View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 03:32 PM
worldfr8dog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Exploring the world, oh yeah and I fly big planes!

Originally Posted by STR8NLVL View Post
I was called this morning for the phone screen. She asked the usual questions. Why do you want to come to Atlas? Do you think you can handle being gone for 17 days? Can your family handle being gone for 17 days? How'd you get into aviation? How much notice would you need to give your current job? Mostly it was really feeling me out to make sure I understood the lifestyle and that I would be OK with it.

She was very friendly and easy to talk to. She shared that they have about 20 left in the pool right now. She said it looked as though they'd be hiring into the 74. She said they hadn't given her a projected number she was to hire this year. But that those projections changed all the time anyway, from being told she'd hire all year and then only hiring 5 to being told no hiring and then hiring a ton.

It seems as though something's about to go down. I suspect this is the start of several classes this year. But that's pure speculation on my part and not based on anything she said.

She offered me interview dates of the 12th or 13th.
Thank you very much for "paying it foreword!" That's what makes this thread so valuable!

Well, if the inbox explosion the other day for 74 open time has anything to do with anything, I'd say we're pretty darned short! And this is the "slow season" for the 74.

I am collecting gouge information from those that like to pay it foreword, PM me please if this is an activity you would like to participate in!!