Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 06:41 PM
nancy33
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Bassman1985 View Post
How's that upgrade coming at Horizon? Under a decade of wait time yet? SKW doesn't have Brasilia bases I'm interested in, and their new rates aren't enough to convince me to move out to the Cereal State and start over at the bottom of the list again. We are looking at raises of 10% for FOs and 5% for CAs. Not great, but better than it was before. Everyone is also now on the scale that used to be the Saab. No more 1900/Saab Apartheid on pay rates. Since the 1900 is likely to be gone soon anyway, kinda moot, but still an improvement. Starting pay for Silver as of ratification will be $26.75, soon to be $27.82 in May, and you don't have to be based in California. Combine that with the existing $6000 new-hire bonus and the new $6000 retention bonus for all of us who missed out on the new-hire bonus, and it's not a bad deal. Upgrade time here is currently looking at less than 3 years after the SSB gets sorted out. Yes, the reserve rules suck. I'm going to have to live through them when I upgrade. It's doable if you live in base, impossible if you commute. Take it or leave it, as you did.

Everyone will have to make their own choice in this. I'm sure the reserve rules will be the big topic of conversation on the call tomorrow. If you have questions, I'm sure the ExCo guys will have answers for you.
Potter
It is great if you live in base, say it Fll, robin calls and says hello I have a deadhead to IAD and you can sit rsv there for 18 days. Day 17 comes and you are called to do a three day, two of those days are LDO and they send you home the night of the 20th day. How would it be great living in base? How would you pack for a 20 day trip with a huge unknown? Will there be a washing machine? How much extra are you paying for that? You can't pack any food to last 20 days. To top it all off yes you are senior say top 40% after all the new fo's leave because of the new rsv rules you fall to 55% now your back to the right seat more people leave, they shutdown Cle and retreat to Florida now your bottom 20% on rsv fo until they close the doors. Now you head to sky west and tony is your captain.
You have to look at the bigger picture, we need people to have a good life below us so we can stay senior.
(All names are purely fictional and stories are purely fictional and not meant to represent any real beings or happenings...)