View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 07:53 PM
IFlyEm35
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: CRJ-900 FO

Originally Posted by Portuga View Post
Originally Posted by block30 View Post
Why only three days a month? What if you have a good schedule with lots of days off? Honest question, just curious.
Its something ALPA negotiated and it's in or Collective Bargain Agreement unfortunately. In the past Pinnacle was using crews down to the bare bone including Junior Man's assignments. In order to preserve the Quality of Life on your days off ALPA negotiated the number of junior assignments in a month and during the calendar year. Also they added that language where your only allowed 3 pick up days, it forces the company to hiring and not man 5 pilots per airplane.

It made a big difference in pay, since your not allowed to pick up a complete 4 day. If a trip is broken it no longer is pay protected in a couple of ways. A LOA was in effect which allowed 4, although it has expired. They choose not to renew it.

With the combination of a four year cap, lose of premium, and in addition your limit to 3 days many of us lose anywhere from 15-35 percent pay. This contract has a duration of 7 years which only make matters worst,

The upside is if your a senior FO your holding 18-19 days off since there isn't a incentive to pick up trips. At least that's the way I look at it.

One thing is for sure I have flown with great crews here at Endeavor. A couple bad apples in the tree but that's everywhere. Don't let anyone judge Endeavor Air for you , for the folks interested coming here. But definitely do your research before making a decision.
I pick up 4 day trips all of the time...never had an issue.