View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Kill Switch
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by wrxpilot View Post
So what's your point then? You ask why some of us work at places like SkyWest... I told you - I enjoy my QOL and living in base in a place like DEN. I'm not making much, but it's more the McD's. More importantly, I enjoy my life and have fun outside of work. Let's not go down the path of comparing previous W2s, I doubt you'd win.

Would I leave ExpressJet to come here? No way. Would I leave a dumpy 135 or 91 job to come here? Well, I think it was a good move in early 2011 when hiring was in full swing. Would I do it now? I don't know. But I don't regret coming here when I did.

But hey, if you want to head over to Commutair and live in some crappy mid-west base, knock yourself out. It's probably a fantastic decision. But it sure wouldn't be the right decision for somebody like me. I'd be outta aviation and back in engineering before living that life.
Compare W2's? That's strong. I flew a Dash 8 over in the sandbox for 160k a year - planted my feet back state side when we found out we had a little one on the way.

I'm not trying to say you made a bad choice going to SKW by any means...and you validated what my confusion is: why are people bailing right now from XJet, Eagle and other bottom line regionals to get on the slowing train....why not just ride it out and build your time while it last over the next 2 years. DAL, UAL, AAL will all be have 700+ retirements a year (each) starting soon...