View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 11:14 PM
ghilis101
La Familia Delta

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B-717 FO / C-17 AC

Originally Posted by LossofClockData View Post
All good information here, but now I'm more worried than before I put in my VSP package. Former C-17s stuck in RPA with no end in sight. Family just can't stand Cannon anymore, with prospect of Holloman as next assignment. Back to MAF chances look abysmal. Looking at JBLM Reserve and regional in the NW, but the RPA stink puts me at a significant disadvantage. 1500 C-17 hours, but have to subtract 450 other time. Only about 200 PIC in C-17. I very much doubt any MQ-1 PIC/IP time will count for jack**** with the airlines, but feel free to throw spears for me mentioning it. Plus I hit 35 months from my last C-17 flight which by the time I get out, any reserve unit will need to pay for an Altus requal for me (39 months non-current or unqualed?) Maybe I should retract that app, but then again I'll gladly work at Lowes? Anyone see a silver lining here?
you don't have to subtract the OTHER time when you were the PIC. Your other time in that case still goes in the PIC column. when you sign for a jet, youre always the PIC, even when youre not at the controls. The FAA is on board with this (I fly supplemental 121 where I often am not in the seat in legs greater than 8 hours, but still in command). You only need to subtract the other time when you were a copilot/first pilot, or not the PIC.

also don't worry about recency of experience, you could go over to Trans States, SkyWest, or some other regional airline to pick up a few months worth of flight time. A lot of regionals don't care when you last flew, they just care that you have a pulse, and I bet if you didn't have a pulse theyd still hire you