View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 06:22 AM
LossofClockData
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Originally Posted by ghilis101 View Post
you don't have to subtract the OTHER time when you were the PIC. Your other time in that case still goes in the PIC column. when you sign for a jet, youre always the PIC, even when youre not at the controls. The FAA is on board with this (I fly supplemental 121 where I often am not in the seat in legs greater than 8 hours, but still in command). You only need to subtract the other time when you were a copilot/first pilot, or not the PIC.

also don't worry about recency of experience, you could go over to Trans States, SkyWest, or some other regional airline to pick up a few months worth of flight time. A lot of regionals don't care when you last flew, they just care that you have a pulse, and I bet if you didn't have a pulse theyd still hire you
Thanks ghilis. I used your previous post to calculate hours. Sitting about 1400 TT. Need to do more work on PIC time based on MP code date. I suppose I could pull the restricted ATP with the 750 mil clause. Would that be worthwhile or should I start working on logging those 100 hrs on my own? Also, do you need a full ATP cert like you can get with some of those 2-5 day programs or just the written. Looking for example at horizon it just says written.