Thread: 135 -->121
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 12:43 PM
beech1980
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B-737

Originally Posted by wingedmunkie View Post
To this point in my career I have been a 135 guy. I love what I do but with 30+ years left until retirement I've started to wonder if I'm not better off making the jump to the 121 world. At this point, the question to me is "how do I get there?"

Are the legacy 121 carriers taking guys with a 135 background (all light jet) at this point or is all the hiring from the military and lower tier 121 operations still? What about the non-legacy carriers? Is it possible to get into 121 without having to go through the regionals?

Thanks.
All I did was part 135 light jet before leaving that world at the end of last year to go to the 121 world. I never had to go to the regionals, so its possible. I took a pretty good pay cut though. I think the long term results are going to be better than in the 135 world, (pay, time off, and retirement). For some time I thought about going to the regionals but I didnt want to handcuff my self with that pay. I was fortunate enough to get hired by a carrier that I was interested in and will be home based. QOL is most important to me. I also have 30+ years until 65 and I feel like that was the best move to make for myself. good luck!