View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 07:18 PM
JamesNoBrakes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player

Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Couple questions about the Seminole's landing gear that I have not been able to find answers to in the POH or through internet research.

What are the purposes of the pressure switch vs the electric uplimit/downlimit switches? How do they differ?

My understanding:

Pressure Switch - to turn pump off during gear retraction, once PSI reaches certain point. Also, turns pump on when retracted but pressure is lost.

Uplimit Switch (on each gear) - turns off red gear unsafe light when all 3 are closed.

Downlimit Switch (on each gear) - illuminates 3 green lights when extended. Turns pump off when all 3 are fully extended.

Is my understanding correct so far? Does the uplimit switch have any affect on the pump?

I find it very difficult to comprehend the electrical schematic in the POH, but I'm trying.
Does anyone have any other good resources for information about the landing gear system (diagrams, etc.)?

Thanks.
Spot on.

It's also not uncommon in older aircraft to sometimes have that moto occasionally kick on at seemingly random times to repressurize the gear, although one could argue that maintenance is needed.