View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 01:56 AM
ghilis101
La Familia Delta

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B-717 FO / C-17 AC

Originally Posted by LossofClockData View Post
But you would be hired by any regional airline tomorrow if you applied, and I think now that it's required, they'll give you your ATP in training, or at least some of them will. It's absolutely worth it whether you choose to get it on your own now or through a regional.
Interesting. I was thinking they are fairly picky right now from what everyone else was saying, but perhaps that's just the majors.[/QUOTE]

Horizon is still picky because of their niche. SkyWest would hire you tomorrow. If you wanted northwest basing you could fly the Brasilia (EMB-120) which is a rather short commute from SEA, I think maybe to Portland or somewhere in Norcal. Literally every other regional is to the point of hiring over the phone. Places like Republic have less than 50 percent of the people they hire show up to class. One of their classes a few months ago, only like 1 or 2 people showed to class, even with the $5k signing bonus. Haha.

As for the ATP thing, since mil gets the restricted ATP under 1500 hrs, I guess it wouldn't matter whether you were able to count OTHER or not. My understanding is your restricted ATP automatically becomes unrestricted once you reach 1500 hours anyway? Can someone confirm?