View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 02:49 PM
anima
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2013

I just wanted to let you all know how it went in court today with my son. He was found guilty of the MIP (minor in possession) which he absolutely deserved, but was acquitted of the DUI. This was the outcome we were hoping for. He will have to do some alcohol classes, but there is no probation or jail time. The fines amounted to $400 (which is a lot less than they could have been). There will be another 30 day suspension of his driver’s license and the Alcohol Interlock has to stay on for another 10 months because of the MIP, but in 3 years he can have his record expunged – in time for graduation. He will still have to tell the story when it comes time but thanks to a good lawyer, a reasonable judge (he did give him a pretty stern talking to though) and a BAC clearly under the limit, he hopefully has a chance again. For those of you who reached out privately, thank you so much, it meant a lot, and for those of you with young male children, I would suggest that in addition to the 529k you squirrel away some money for a “teen years legal defense fund”. Good lawyers don’t come cheap.