View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 11:19 PM
SlipKid
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by shoelu View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.

Oh, how I wish I were wrong. You know MR is chomping at the bit to please Gary.......

There are a few BOD members that are resisting it, but they are in the minority, so, the whisper campaign about these "hard to get along with" reps has begun. SSDD

A side letter would need member ratification and it would fail miserably.
Not that they need to, but once the SWApA spin machine gets through with it, and it endorses it with the Club 19 recommendation to ratify, it'll pass. A couple of SWApA "gains" propaganda rags and it's a shoe in, like the vast majority of issues that have been placed in front of the group in the nearly 20 years I've been here.

Several things will be met with overwhelming opposition from this pilot group: relief from management bungles due to this acquisition, scope sale and pref bid.
I'd love for you to be right, but a few guys on PPRune etc. are not "overwhelming opposition". As long as SWApA keeps capitulating, the lemmings will follow them off the cliff. Heck, there was a guy in the lounge the other day telling a rapt audience just how great PBS could be.

Oh, and :The Smartest Man In The Room" is still trying to sell "good codeshare", and argue against raises on the SWApA forum. And more than a few folks agree with him.

I'm hoping that the AT folks, knowing intimately what it's like to work for hostile management, will shift the tide a bit.

These all very hot button issues.
Yup, for a few vocal "malcontents" on the forums. The rest of the group is oblivious. Most folks out on the line have no issues whatsoever with all the ridiculous and costly side letters we've signed DURING section 6.

You do realize we recently voted no on a T.A. and multiple constitutional amendments right?
TA1 (the one where "we got everything we wanted, and nothing we didn't" according to CK) was voted down by a very small margin (around 1% IIRC), and that took a massive, grass roots effort to even get that. The SWApA spin machine was running full bore on that one, and the failure of TA1 cost CK his corner office in the GO. Then we immediately caved and voted yes, overwhelmingly, on TA 2.

As for the Constitutional amendments.... I was actually PLEASED and quite surprised to see the pilot group not fall (several times) for that power grab. Maybe there's hope yet.